Everything started while we were thinking about our second edition of our Father's Day celebration.
We were lucky that the king of Men Grooming - Martial Vivot - was willing to welcome us one more time in his secret venue - so we wanted to make it special.
Our brainstorming began knowing that Men Fashion is a challenge. We wanted to get back to the roots... France to New York, what a journey!
We are representing Ullys a French brand very involved in drinking water access around the world,... BLUE being the new black (Dior agrees), the curation around Man & The Sea popped-out! And who is the best incarnation of a wild still elegant sailor? Corto Maltes of course! (If you don't know him, our Partner Albertine - yes the luxurious French bookstore - will offer you a great theme-related selection including the famous European graphic novel).
So we found our inspiration with Corto Maltese! Martial Vivot immediately agreed! The anti-hero is even tattooed on his skin!!! We could not have found a better fit! BUT Corto is not originally French so we needed to find a emblematic France-linked hero. Yes here came the international renowned breton-stripes pioneer Saint-James!
Following that, the rest was easy: just ask the fearless artist you know to be inspired by Dark Seas, bam! Carole Jury will offer her newsest serie for a summer exhibit.
As we told you, all the ingredients will be gathered to celebrate French savoir-faire as a glimpse of our next big event: the first Made in France concept store (3,000 sq ft!) in New York in December 2017!
And cherry on the cake, Air France is gifting 2 round-trip Business class tickets at our pop-up store. So let's be adventurous, awaken your inner sailor and stop by!
At the French Wink boutique, you’ll enjoy products from:
- Saint-James: purveyors of the original Breton stripe, an atelier born from the sea and rooted in rich naval heritage. They will present in exclusivity their Fall/Winter Collection.
- 727 Sailbags: a unique concept and range of products Made in France from 100% recycled sails. Completely hand-sewn in Brittany workshop , each creation is unique and bears an authentication label which traces the maritime history of the sail that has been made from.
- Ullys: Specializing in men’s fashion accessories and leather goods and inspiring bt the age of mythology heroes. The Ullys’ artisans use their unique techniques to make blue accessories varying from ties, bow ties, scarfs and leather goods.
- Aux Corps Anonymes : An audacious and poetic designer specialized in made to measure men’s clothes. The designer will present an exclusive collection inspired by the French Riviera
- La Cure Gourmande: Produced in South of France, la Cure Gourmande is the specialist of biscuits, chocolate, caramels and lollypops.
As a French brands' incubator, French Wink will also present: Epsilon Vega, Melchior&Balthazar, Neolid, Hades, Obag, Orijns, La Chaussette Francaise, Flexo, Valerie Carmet, Hacter Concept, Imageinair and more.
IF YOU ARE NOT IN NEW YORK, TAKE A LOOK AT OUR SELECTION OF FATHER'S DAY GIFTS.
About Made in France Concept Store (December 11th to the 17th 2017): to celebrate to End of year Holiday season French Wink partnered with the Made in France Fair (MIF EXpo) tp open a 3,000 sqf concept store dedicated to French fashion and Art de Vivre products.
About French Wink: Based in New York French Wink is an American corporation who promotes French brands. Our mission id to promote a traditional and innovative savoir faire outside of France. Find all our products on our e-shop.
About Martial Vivot: Martial Vivot is a world-renowned gentlemen’s grooming guru and owner of the Martial Vivot Salon Pour Hommes on Manhattan’s West 54th Street. Touted by the New York Times as “the gentlemen’s barber for many of the city’s most powerful” and “the best in the city” by GQ, he is arguably the city’s preeminent men’s stylist.